FLOW - Underpass Experiment Weekend April 18th - 20th -
Santa Barbara artists will light up the State Street 101 Underpass with FLOW, a light art exhibit.
Don’t miss this exciting debut of a new art experience in Downtown Santa Barbara. Bring friends and family to enjoy a meal at a downtown restaurant and then ride the electric shuttle for free to the Underpass for light installations and music.
Learn more about it on the official city website.
Experiment Weekend Activities
Friday, April 19, 8:00 p.m. – Midnight, State Street Underpass
Presented by The Arts Fund
Presented by The Arts Fund, local artists will illuminate the State Street Underpass with a light art exhibit. Don’t miss this exciting debut of a new art experience downtown. Enjoy dinner at a downtown restaurant and then ride the electric shuttle for free to the Underpass for light installations and music. DJ set by Party Proper Productions.
Saturday, April 20, 12:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m., 400-500 Blocks
B(Eats) on the Street
Enjoy music, art activities, and food from downtown restaurants under the canopy of trees on State Street, where a pedestrian promenade will be created for the day. Families will enjoy painting large coloring book walls, chalk drawing, and a petting zoo on State Street. Enjoy the Paint and Sip wine garden, ping-pong, and dance classes. Santa Barbara Woodie Club will display classic cars. The Arts Fund presents interactive light art installations in the evening hours. Surprises await.
Mention "Experiment Weekend" at participating restaurants for a 10% discount (not applicable to alcohol).
Featured Light Installation Artists: Kym Cochran, Alan Macy, Carlos Padilla, Tai Rodrig, Jonathan PJ Smith, Ethan Turpin, and Tim Wood
Stores Open Friday, April 19, 429 & 430 State Street
Presented by Pop-Up Town
Local entrepreneurs will fill vacant spaces on State Street for one month. Shop for handcrafted items and learn about local startup companies. Presented by PopUpTown.
429 State Street will feature:
• LUNA Sandals for hiking and running, introducing new Roots Footwear, handmade huarache sandals
• MANU, an online lifestyle brand and platform for international living
• Aroma Freedom Emotions/Essential Oils/Psychology
• Pedego Electric Bikes Santa Barbara
• The Greenery Eco Bath and Body Products
• Mugs and Rugs – Fiber arts, plant dyes, and ceramics
430 State Street will feature:
• Colibri Handmade Bags & Accessories from Latin America
• Qashi Handmade Chumash Abalone & Pearl Jewelry
• Luche Leash Co., a Modern Leash for a Modern Dog
• Xinácatl Hand Embroidery Ancestral Clothing, Sun Wear
• Xochi Blends Essential Oils – Inspired by Aztec Goddess Xochiquetzal
• The Montecito Candle Company
Lost Shell Collective – Handmade clothing and accessories
• I'd Rather Knot – Handmade macramé plant hangers and accessories
• Tejido Texere – handmade dream catchers and jewelry
• De La Vina Designs – Handmade beaded jewelry